phoenix fire damage restoration
When you’re searching for a Fire Damage Restoration, Smoke Damage Restoration, Soot Damage, Fire Damage and Smoke Damage near me in Phoenix, our team can help!
Phoenix Fire Damage Restoration
Choosing between fire damage restoration companies can be a headache. Acuity Builders puts the fire damage in perspective, develops a fire damage cleanup plan, and gets your home back in order.
The aftermath of a fire in your home can be an extremely traumatizing time. Smoke removal and the restoration of fire damaged parts of your property need the skills of professional highly trained in fire restoration. As well as structural concerns, construction materials like solvents and glue can release toxic gases when burned. They may be combustible and highly dangerous therefor need to be handled with extreme caution. Thankfully the experienced professionals at Acuity Builders are here to help you through this difficult time. We will act swiftly and effectively to stop ongoing damage and prevent further destruction to your home in the event of a house fire. We are here to partner with you and help you recover and rebuild your home.
What To Do After A House Fire
Taking timely action after a house fire is vitally important. To get you started right, here are some Do’s:
- Do start by calling Acuity Builders. Our fast and professional service ensures you will be teaming up with a company who cares as much about your house as you do.
- Do protect chrome trim on faucets and bright-work by using detergent to wash them and follow that up with an application of oil or vaseline.
- Do take a brush-vacuum or blow off loose smoke particles from carpeting, upholstery and draperies.
- Do open as many windows as you can to increase ventilation if weather permits.
- Do empty the contents of freezers and refrigerators if the electricity has been shut off, then take items such as a newspaper or a rolled up towel to allow air to circulate.
- Do take some antifreeze and pour into toilet bowls, sink and tub drains and tanks as this will help to prevent damage from freezing in winter time.
- Do call a plumber to drain and blow out water lines if the heat is turned off to prevent freezing in winter time.
- Do take your pets to a clean environment especially if fire residues are heavy and present.
- Do collect some sample garments for cleaning and deodorization. From this you should be able to observe the results to make decisions about other clothing.
Here are some Don’ts:
- Don’t wash or wipe fire residues from absorbent services, ceilings and walls.
- Don’t use upholstered furniture or carpeting effected by debris or containing heavy duty residues.
- Don’t consume food items or canned goods that were exposed to heat.
- Don’t turn on electrical appliances including televisions, computers and stereo’s until they have been cleaned and checked.
What to Expect: Rebuilding A House After A Fire
Acuity Builders are your partner in helping you to rebuild your home following a fire. Here are the steps we take in rebuilding.
Step 1: Emergency Restoration Contact
The best time to get fire damage restoration is within the first 24 to 48 hours. The very best fire damage restoration company will be there with emergency service. Contact us any time of day and we’ll come to your fire damaged property. Quick action is key to quality service.
You need fast fire damage restoration services to prevent additional damage to more of your property. If the fire damaged pipes, wiring, or made a hole in the roof quick response helps preserve as much of your home as possible!
Step 2: Fire Damage Assessment
Once our fire damage restoration team has arrived we will assess the extent of the damage. This involves inspecting how far the fire, smoke, and soot has traveled inside your home. It also includes how your furniture, flooring, walls, and more has been affected by the fire damage.
This is a critical step to get right so the fire damage restoration plan covers all costs and the right amount is reported to your homeowner’s insurance company. This estimate will also cover how long the repairs will take.
Step 3: Safety, Tarps, and Sealing
Once you’ve given our team the green light to take care of your fire damage restoration we’ll spring into action. Preventing additional damage to your property is our first priority. This includes tarping over holes in the roof and walls. We’ll also put up barriers to prevent accidents and seal up any water leaks associated with the fire.
Fire damage is also usually associated with water damage either from putting the fire out or pipes that burst. Our team specializes in both services and offers you the complete restoration service package.
Step 4: Removing Water
Fire departments use water to put out fires. Water should never be left to sit and cause mildew or mold. A big part of fire damage restoration is getting the water out of the property. Pumps and fans are used to remove water and dry out the property. Our team strives to get ahead of the mold and mildew by drying out as much of the property as fast as possible. Once it’s dried out the cleanup can begin.
Step 5: Fire Damage Cleanup
The next step is to remove anything that’s charred, smoke damaged, or covered in soot. This includes ceilings, flooring, walls, furniture, carpeting, or anything that’s been damaged by the fire, smoke, or soot. In rooms that weren’t as close to the fire cleaning such as carpet cleaning and washing the walls can remove the smell. After a fire it’s not uncommon for much of what was in a severely fire damaged home to need to be thrown away and replaced.
Step 6: Fire Damage Restoration
With all the old, charred, smoke damaged, and soot covered items removed the fire damage restoration can begin. This step involves repairing flooring, walls, ceilings, and furniture. Items such as cabinets will either be restored or replaced depending on their condition.
Fire damage restoration is designed to get you back in your home efficiently and reliably. One step a lot of homeowners choose to do after a fire is to improve the property rather than just rewind. If you’ve been wanting to improve rooms in your home our team can do more than just restore your home, we can make it better than it was!
Step 7: Fire Damage Repair
As part of the mitigation process we can assess what can be repaired safely and what needs restoration. There may be items of either financial or personal/sentimental value you may choose to repair as opposed to restore or replace. We can advise on a case by case basis.
Step 8: Fire Damage Restoration And Rebuilding
As part of the restoration process, we can plan and re-build rooms to the original specifications or to your new specifications if you want to add on to the rooms. We can also look at parts of your home that may not have been damaged by fire if you are looking to make improvements in those areas as well.
Why Choose Acuity Builders Fire Damage Restoration?
We are here to help in your moment of crisis 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! With over 30 years of experience in fire damage restoration and general contracting we can help get your home back to normal.
24/7 Emergency Restoration
In Most Cases, We Can Be Onsite in an Hour!